Maximizing waste in your skip
When it’s time to order a skip, some people struggle knowing what size to get. Here at Leigh Skip Hire we take time to advise our customers with the perfect skip size for the job. Once you have the skip, you want to try and conserve space. This can be done in the few ways featured below!
Know the weight of your scrap
Before chucking it into the skip, filter it into piles by weight and size. Here at Leigh Skip Hire, we believe that the best order is to put the lighter items in first, followed by the heavier items. The reasoning behind this is so that the smaller and lighter items can become compact at the bottom, saving more room for the larger items on the top.
Break up large scrap into smaller pieces
When you come across a rather large piece of scrap, if possible it’s best to break it up. By doing this, you save the hassle of trying to find room later on. Not only that, but if you conserve space in your skip as much as you can, it will ensure that you don’t have to spend more money ordering an extra skip.
Choosing the correct size
When it’s time to order a skip, Leigh Skip Hire offer expert advice to our customers, ensuring that you get the best waste container for your money. Just remember that when completely unsure it’s always best to go up a size rather than down. Feel free to give us a call to discuss skip sizes further, or visit our blog page!
- What can I fit in a skip?
- Removing waste via skips
- You are responsible for your skip!
- What items can go in a skip?
- Leigh Skip Hire’s Christmas Quiz - Answers!
- Leigh Skip Hire’s Christmas Quiz
- Lets get recycling in Basildon
- Skip or Tip?
- Hiring a Skip in Basildon
- Recycling in Basildon
- 5 Interesting Facts about Skip Hiring
- How to look after your skip
- Skip Damage Prevention
- Another 5 Interesting Skip Hiring Facts!
- Why use Leigh Skip Hire?
- Recycling Using a Skip
- Fly Tipping in Hockley
- 5 Facts about Waste & Recycling
- Another 5 facts about Waste and Recycling
- Litter is damaging our planet
- Global Warming and The Greenhouse Effect
- 5 Ways to Prevent Ocean Pollution
- The process of recycling plastic
- Professional Skip Hiring Tips
- Disposing of computer hard drives
- Complete list of builders around Benfleet
- Composting in Benfleet
- Recycling in Benfleet
- Tips to Reducing Skip Hire Cost in Benfleet
- Everything you need to know about Leigh Skip Hire
- Summer Recycling
- Difference Between Recycling & Reusing
- Can I place a skip on the road?
- Why hire a skip for garden waste?
- Items You Could Repair, Not Replace
- Furniture repair shops that serve Basildon
- Simple Tips to Reducing Plastic Waste
- Maximizing waste in your skip
- Basildon Waste
- Four fascinating facts about waste
- What is E-Waste?
- Fun Ways to Reuse Your Household Items
- 3 Great Ways to Reduce E-Waste
- Get Recycling in the Workplace
- Tips for hazardous waste removal
- Wave Energy
- How to Enjoy Recycling at Home