Simple Tips to Reducing Plastic Waste
Virtually anywhere you go in 2018, plastic is found with the majority of it being food and drink rubbish. Over 35 million tonnes of plastic waste are thrown away each year, and only around 10% of this is recycled! Here are 5 simple tips you can try, to reduce the amount of plastic you throw out.
Reuse Plastic Bags
Did you know that over 150,000 plastic bags are used globally every second, and that 1 plastic bag takes over 1,000 years to degrade! If you use re-usable bags you not only save money, but the environment. Plastic bags are harmful to wildlife, especially birds as they can consume them.
Millions of straws are used every day across the world. Plastic straws can’t exactly be re-used, so think to yourself if you really need one. If you can’t go without one, buy a re-usable straw to take with you when you go out. On beach clean ups, plastic straws are one of the most commonly found items.
Plastic bottles are one of the most commonly found items on landfills today. Average office workers use hundreds of disposable bottles a year. If you haven’t already, then you should buy yourself a re-usable bottle to save money and the environment. Plastic bottles are one of the biggest killers of sea life, with whales and other fish mistaking them for food.
What We Do at Leigh Skip Hire…
Here at Leigh Skip Hire, we make sure that in every skip we collect we recycle as much of it that we can. If you are in need of skip hire in Basildon or other areas in Essex then visit our online website and give us a call!
- What can I fit in a skip?
- Removing waste via skips
- You are responsible for your skip!
- What items can go in a skip?
- Leigh Skip Hire’s Christmas Quiz - Answers!
- Leigh Skip Hire’s Christmas Quiz
- Lets get recycling in Basildon
- Skip or Tip?
- Hiring a Skip in Basildon
- Recycling in Basildon
- 5 Interesting Facts about Skip Hiring
- How to look after your skip
- Skip Damage Prevention
- Another 5 Interesting Skip Hiring Facts!
- Why use Leigh Skip Hire?
- Recycling Using a Skip
- Fly Tipping in Hockley
- 5 Facts about Waste & Recycling
- Another 5 facts about Waste and Recycling
- Litter is damaging our planet
- Global Warming and The Greenhouse Effect
- 5 Ways to Prevent Ocean Pollution
- The process of recycling plastic
- Professional Skip Hiring Tips
- Disposing of computer hard drives
- Complete list of builders around Benfleet
- Composting in Benfleet
- Recycling in Benfleet
- Tips to Reducing Skip Hire Cost in Benfleet
- Everything you need to know about Leigh Skip Hire
- Summer Recycling
- Difference Between Recycling & Reusing
- Can I place a skip on the road?
- Why hire a skip for garden waste?
- Items You Could Repair, Not Replace
- Furniture repair shops that serve Basildon
- Simple Tips to Reducing Plastic Waste
- Maximizing waste in your skip
- Basildon Waste
- Four fascinating facts about waste
- What is E-Waste?
- Fun Ways to Reuse Your Household Items
- 3 Great Ways to Reduce E-Waste
- Get Recycling in the Workplace
- Tips for hazardous waste removal
- Wave Energy
- How to Enjoy Recycling at Home