Can I place a skip on the road?
Leigh Skip Hire believe it is crucial that our clients know the safety regulations when hiring a skip. We offer skip hiring services to Benfleet, Basildon and other areas in Essex. If you don’t have a driveway but are in need of a skip, take a look at the information below.
If you are in this situation there are some legal considerations you should know, and failing to follow these steps can lead to a large fine.
You MUST have a permit
Any skip placed on a road must have a permit, which has to be purchased from your local council. If you are looking for skip hire services in Benfleet and need additional information on skip permits, get in touch with us via our contact page.
If you are thinking of placing a skip on a road near you, another thing to consider is that the skip will need at least two cones positioned on the road-side corners of the skip. Preferably it would be better if you could place more than two cones, and that the cones were reflective so that cars can easily see the skip in the dark.
Your road-side skip should have lights on the top, so that it can easily be seen in the dark or poor visibility conditions. Remember, the more lights your skip has on it, the safer it will be for everyone.
The Skip you order must be brightly coloured, like yellow or orange. The reason for this is so that it’s easily seen. When ordering your skip from Leigh Skip Hire, make sure to mention that your skip will be placed on the road so that they can sort the perfect skip for you!
If you are looking for skip hire services in Benfleet, Rayleigh, Basildon or any other areas in Essex, then Leigh Skip Hire can help. Visit our easy to use online ordering system or give us a call to order your skip. A helpful personnel can give you all the information you need over the phone!
- What can I fit in a skip?
- Removing waste via skips
- You are responsible for your skip!
- What items can go in a skip?
- Leigh Skip Hire’s Christmas Quiz - Answers!
- Leigh Skip Hire’s Christmas Quiz
- Lets get recycling in Basildon
- Skip or Tip?
- Hiring a Skip in Basildon
- Recycling in Basildon
- 5 Interesting Facts about Skip Hiring
- How to look after your skip
- Skip Damage Prevention
- Another 5 Interesting Skip Hiring Facts!
- Why use Leigh Skip Hire?
- Recycling Using a Skip
- Fly Tipping in Hockley
- 5 Facts about Waste & Recycling
- Another 5 facts about Waste and Recycling
- Litter is damaging our planet
- Global Warming and The Greenhouse Effect
- 5 Ways to Prevent Ocean Pollution
- The process of recycling plastic
- Professional Skip Hiring Tips
- Disposing of computer hard drives
- Complete list of builders around Benfleet
- Composting in Benfleet
- Recycling in Benfleet
- Tips to Reducing Skip Hire Cost in Benfleet
- Everything you need to know about Leigh Skip Hire
- Summer Recycling
- Difference Between Recycling & Reusing
- Can I place a skip on the road?
- Why hire a skip for garden waste?
- Items You Could Repair, Not Replace
- Furniture repair shops that serve Basildon
- Simple Tips to Reducing Plastic Waste
- Maximizing waste in your skip
- Basildon Waste
- Four fascinating facts about waste
- What is E-Waste?
- Fun Ways to Reuse Your Household Items
- 3 Great Ways to Reduce E-Waste
- Get Recycling in the Workplace
- Tips for hazardous waste removal
- Wave Energy
- How to Enjoy Recycling at Home