Recycling in Benfleet
Recycling in Benfleet
In this blog, we are going to be talking about recycling in Benfleet. Take a look at the information below to find out more.
In Benfleet, you are provided with a ‘caddy’. You get a small one to put in your kitchen for quick and easy disposal. You also get a larger one to keep outdoors, which is then put out for collection.
In the pink sack, you can put:
- household metal packaging such as tins.
- Household plastic packaging such as milk cartons.
After these materials are collected, they are made into new products so that they can be re-used. If you need any additional information on recycling in Benfleet, please refer to our other blogs.
Glass Bottles and Jars
In Benfleet, residents are supplied with a box that is suitable for recycling types of glass such as bottles and jars. Many people get confused, so be sure not to recycle mirrors, windows and drinking glasses in these boxes. Alternatively, you can recycle your glass bottles at bottle banks, located around Benfleet.
Mixed Textiles and Clothes
The textiles recycling sack is capable of holding clothes, shoes, towels etc. Although this sack is specifically for textiles, it is recommended to take your old clothing to charity shops around Benfleet. See below for a few located around Benfleet:
- Havens Hospices
143 London Rd, South Benfleet, Benfleet SS7 5UH
592 High Rd, South Benfleet, Benfleet SS7 5RW
- The Dream Team
The Tyrells Centre, 39 Seamore Ave, Thundersley, South Benfleet, Benfleet SS7 4EX
- Sue Ryder Care
215 High Rd, South Benfleet, Benfleet SS7 5HZ
The black sack is for all of your non-recyclable items. In Benfleet, these are collected weekly with the day depending on which area you live in. Some items you cannot put into a black sack are paint, oil, broken glass, plasterboard and tyres.
If you require a skip for your waste, give us a call or visit our website to order your skip today!
- What can I fit in a skip?
- Removing waste via skips
- You are responsible for your skip!
- What items can go in a skip?
- Leigh Skip Hire’s Christmas Quiz - Answers!
- Leigh Skip Hire’s Christmas Quiz
- Lets get recycling in Basildon
- Skip or Tip?
- Hiring a Skip in Basildon
- Recycling in Basildon
- 5 Interesting Facts about Skip Hiring
- How to look after your skip
- Skip Damage Prevention
- Another 5 Interesting Skip Hiring Facts!
- Why use Leigh Skip Hire?
- Recycling Using a Skip
- Fly Tipping in Hockley
- 5 Facts about Waste & Recycling
- Another 5 facts about Waste and Recycling
- Litter is damaging our planet
- Global Warming and The Greenhouse Effect
- 5 Ways to Prevent Ocean Pollution
- The process of recycling plastic
- Professional Skip Hiring Tips
- Disposing of computer hard drives
- Complete list of builders around Benfleet
- Composting in Benfleet
- Recycling in Benfleet
- Tips to Reducing Skip Hire Cost in Benfleet
- Everything you need to know about Leigh Skip Hire
- Summer Recycling
- Difference Between Recycling & Reusing
- Can I place a skip on the road?
- Why hire a skip for garden waste?
- Items You Could Repair, Not Replace
- Furniture repair shops that serve Basildon
- Simple Tips to Reducing Plastic Waste
- Maximizing waste in your skip
- Basildon Waste
- Four fascinating facts about waste
- What is E-Waste?
- Fun Ways to Reuse Your Household Items
- 3 Great Ways to Reduce E-Waste
- Get Recycling in the Workplace
- Tips for hazardous waste removal
- Wave Energy
- How to Enjoy Recycling at Home