5 Ways to Prevent Ocean Pollution
5 ways to prevent ocean pollution
Use less plastic
Plastic products are one of the most commonly found waste types in oceans today, and is actually one of the biggest killers of marine animals. One of the simplest ways to reduce this happening, is to use re-useable products such as bottles and containers. One of the biggest killers of marine animals are plastic bags, as they tend to eat these causing them to die.
Care for your beach
If litter is left on the beach, it’s most likely going to end up in the ocean. Try to respect your local beach and encourage other people to care for the marine environment too. If you want to go that extra mile, you could even organise a local beach clean-up.
Explore the ocean responsibly
If you like boating, kayaking, or any other water travelling activities, then please be respectful. Remember to keep waste containers nearby and avoid throwing waste overboard. When you’re at sea, remember the marine life around you and how it affects them when you throw litter into the sea.
Encourage change in your local area
Around the area in which you live in, research the ocean policies and get involved in making a change. You could talk to local restaurants and explain to them how more people should support marine projects. You could also talk to people walking by, and get their views and opinions on the topic.
Reduce your energy usage
Carbon dioxide is the biggest killer of our oceans, poisoning the water and killing marine life, such as fish and coral. With there being so many ways to be able to reduce your energy usage, you could give some of these examples a go. You could walk or ride a bike when you travel, instead of releasing harmful gases out of your vehicle. Another great way is to use high efficiency appliances in your home, such as longer lasting light bulbs.
Take a look at some of our other blogs on recycling to find out more!
- What can I fit in a skip?
- Removing waste via skips
- You are responsible for your skip!
- What items can go in a skip?
- Leigh Skip Hire’s Christmas Quiz - Answers!
- Leigh Skip Hire’s Christmas Quiz
- Lets get recycling in Basildon
- Skip or Tip?
- Hiring a Skip in Basildon
- Recycling in Basildon
- 5 Interesting Facts about Skip Hiring
- How to look after your skip
- Skip Damage Prevention
- Another 5 Interesting Skip Hiring Facts!
- Why use Leigh Skip Hire?
- Recycling Using a Skip
- Fly Tipping in Hockley
- 5 Facts about Waste & Recycling
- Another 5 facts about Waste and Recycling
- Litter is damaging our planet
- Global Warming and The Greenhouse Effect
- 5 Ways to Prevent Ocean Pollution
- The process of recycling plastic
- Professional Skip Hiring Tips
- Disposing of computer hard drives
- Complete list of builders around Benfleet
- Composting in Benfleet
- Recycling in Benfleet
- Tips to Reducing Skip Hire Cost in Benfleet
- Everything you need to know about Leigh Skip Hire
- Summer Recycling
- Difference Between Recycling & Reusing
- Can I place a skip on the road?
- Why hire a skip for garden waste?
- Items You Could Repair, Not Replace
- Furniture repair shops that serve Basildon
- Simple Tips to Reducing Plastic Waste
- Maximizing waste in your skip
- Basildon Waste
- Four fascinating facts about waste
- What is E-Waste?
- Fun Ways to Reuse Your Household Items
- 3 Great Ways to Reduce E-Waste
- Get Recycling in the Workplace
- Tips for hazardous waste removal
- Wave Energy
- How to Enjoy Recycling at Home