5 Interesting Facts about Skip Hiring
At Leigh Skip Hire, we believe that skips are an essential part of keeping the environment clean. Take a look at these interesting facts on skip hiring.
Skip colour and lighting
According to the Highways Act set in 1971, all skips had to be coloured yellow as it was said that they were easier to see in the dark than other colours. Now, you may see other coloured skips such as orange or green, but they must be easy to see. Some newer skips now feature lighting to make them easily seen in dark or bad weather conditions. These lights are usually placed on the corners and are primarily flashing amber.
First appearance of Skip Hiring
Skips first started making an appearance in England in the 1960’s after being originated in Germany. When they were first produced they were expensive, and non-accessible to people who lived in small streets or villages.
When hiring a skip, you may need to consider a few things regarding safety.
Safety is key when using a skip. Please consider where you are going to be placing the skip and make sure it is not blocking driveways or roads. Another thing to consider is what size skip you require, as ordering a size too small can lead to overfilling. Doing so can cause waste to fall out of the tip and onto roads and pathways. Also, when the skip is ready to be taken away, the driver may not be able to lift it. Modern companies such as Leigh Skip Hire provide safe and professional skip hire services in Basildon and surrounding areas in Essex.
Where can I hire a skip?
If you are based in South East England, then Leigh Skip Hire are the company to use. We provide skip hire services in Basildon and surrounding local areas. We also insure that you get the best services at a great price! Our staff are highly trained and work in an efficient way to provide the best skip hire services.
The name ‘Skip’?
Have you ever wondered where the name ‘skip’ originated from? It came from the Old English Language, originally from the word ‘skep’ which referred to a basket.
- What can I fit in a skip?
- Removing waste via skips
- You are responsible for your skip!
- What items can go in a skip?
- Leigh Skip Hire’s Christmas Quiz - Answers!
- Leigh Skip Hire’s Christmas Quiz
- Lets get recycling in Basildon
- Skip or Tip?
- Hiring a Skip in Basildon
- Recycling in Basildon
- 5 Interesting Facts about Skip Hiring
- How to look after your skip
- Skip Damage Prevention
- Another 5 Interesting Skip Hiring Facts!
- Why use Leigh Skip Hire?
- Recycling Using a Skip
- Fly Tipping in Hockley
- 5 Facts about Waste & Recycling
- Another 5 facts about Waste and Recycling
- Litter is damaging our planet
- Global Warming and The Greenhouse Effect
- 5 Ways to Prevent Ocean Pollution
- The process of recycling plastic
- Professional Skip Hiring Tips
- Disposing of computer hard drives
- Complete list of builders around Benfleet
- Composting in Benfleet
- Recycling in Benfleet
- Tips to Reducing Skip Hire Cost in Benfleet
- Everything you need to know about Leigh Skip Hire
- Summer Recycling
- Difference Between Recycling & Reusing
- Can I place a skip on the road?
- Why hire a skip for garden waste?
- Items You Could Repair, Not Replace
- Furniture repair shops that serve Basildon
- Simple Tips to Reducing Plastic Waste
- Maximizing waste in your skip
- Basildon Waste
- Four fascinating facts about waste
- What is E-Waste?
- Fun Ways to Reuse Your Household Items
- 3 Great Ways to Reduce E-Waste
- Get Recycling in the Workplace
- Tips for hazardous waste removal
- Wave Energy
- How to Enjoy Recycling at Home